David Burch, an associate of PECA,
has twenty-four years experience as a healthcare professional including twenty years
experience in progressively responsible administrative positions at six major Southern
California healthcare institutions. He has experienced all facets of healthcare service
and support and has a comprehensive knowledge of systems and interrelationships across all
functional areas within the healthcare industry. He is skilled in managing major
His specific accomplishments have included:
- Analyzing, planning, and managing the decentralization of the
corporate purchasing/distribution function resulting in savings of $700,000 per year
- Assessing outsourcing contracts resulting in development of in-house
systems with annual savings exceeding $1.0 million per year.
- Reorganizing the support division to accomplish a staffing reduction
of 72 positions realizing $2,480,000 annual savings.
- Reducing inventory through improved turnover resulting in savings of
- Selecting and installing a materials information system including
inpatient surgery resulting in increased charge capture of $1.1 million annually.
- Participating in the conduction of PACER programs for seven PECA
Developing product line pricing databases for urologicals, orthopedic soft goods, patient
care items, plastics, and paper goods.
- As interim director of support services for a fifteen month period
identifying and implementing over $1.5 million in annual savings through re-engineered
logistics and value analysis for a Southern California hospital.
Mr. Burch has served as a Trustee of the Corporate
Foundation of a medical center and has been active in healthcare professional societies
for over twelve years. He received his Associate of Arts degree from Grossmont Community